After giving birth, every new mother feels tired and is (especially) overwhelmed by a feeling of depression caused by changes in her life — the baby, the fact that she needs to breastfeed him, the fact that she needs to take care of him and the fact that all you do is try to steal some sleep while getting bored.
Doctors however, say that certain foods can help to recover after birth making this whole period more pleasant. A first good remedy to get rid of postpartum depression is by having a well balanced diet.
Scandinavian countries and Asian population registered a lower percentage of depression. It owes this food?
Is there a diet for depression? Increasingly more researchers think there is.
Experts have shown that cold-water fish, nuts and sugar beets are beneficial foods against depression.
Omega-3 fatty acids present in salmon, sardines, tuna, canola oil and nuts, are a powerful antidote against depression. This may explain why the Scandinavian countries and Asian populations, who consume a diet rich in fish suffering from depression in a very low percentage.
Uridine, a substance present in sugar beet and molasses, is good, so these foods are good depression.
Japanese and Finnish researchers have shown that a diet rich in fish protects against depression and suicide.
Continue reading »
- Tips to Use Coupons to Save Money on Your Groceries
- Top gifts for gardeners in 2013
- A secure home for a secure family
- What are the risks of not getting enough sleep?
- Flinders Chase National Park promises spectacular scenery and fascinating wildlife
- Rise of the Female Trader
- 5 Wedding Presents Ideas for a Young Couple
- New Wiring Norms For UK Electricians: Your Man Needs to Know This
- Basic tips to pick your gaming room furniture wisely
- Fantastic Hedge Trimmers