Researchers from the Nordic countries, especially in Finland, continues to seek a more natural solution for treating the SAD syndrome and depressive crises triggered by the lack of exposure to sunlight during the cold seasons.
An ingenious solution is the latest proposed by researchers at Valkee, who built a simple device, like headphones, that gets inserted into your ears and has an LED light that will send light through the ear canal directly to your brain structures, the vascular and nervous tissue.
Dr.Nissilä Finn said the device provides bright light stimuli both cranial bone, and blood of many vessels located in the temporo-parietal, resulting in activation of its antidepressant systems and stimulating the production of serotonin and endorphins.
Valkee researchers published their first results in “Medical Journal hypothesis”. Patients in the experimental group received daily for 8-12 minutes, light the lamp lumen 6.0-8.5 in the ear, a period of 4 weeks. They found improvements in mood about 92% of patients with severe depressive syndrome. Results were obtained using tests and questionnaires administered and interpreted by a team of psychologists and psychiatrists, and encouraging rezulattele have led to expand research on the ingenious ways of treating depression and mood disorders.
Leave a comment
- Tips to Use Coupons to Save Money on Your Groceries
- Top gifts for gardeners in 2013
- A secure home for a secure family
- What are the risks of not getting enough sleep?
- Flinders Chase National Park promises spectacular scenery and fascinating wildlife
- Rise of the Female Trader
- 5 Wedding Presents Ideas for a Young Couple
- New Wiring Norms For UK Electricians: Your Man Needs to Know This
- Basic tips to pick your gaming room furniture wisely
- Fantastic Hedge Trimmers