Few things can match the beauty of a designer necklace to top off an outfit. As the most basic accessory, jewelry can completely change your appearance; it can dress you up or down, make you look bohemian or sophisticated, or turn a plain single-color outfit into an elegant wardrobe worthy of the Oscars.
To create a balanced look, try to match your necklace to your body size and shape, your outfit, and other jewelry pieces.
Necklaces provide an endless array of possibilities and draw the eye up toward the face. If you’re tall and willowy, then long necklaces that hang below the bust offer an attractive resting point for the eye and break the monotony of a long torso. If you’re petite and curvy, then you can either accentuate your curves with bold, round necklace pieces or provide intriguing contrast with angular sets.
Balancing the jewelry with the outfit also helps to create a polished look. In general, the more busy the fabric or pattern, the simpler the necklace should be to avoid making others dizzy when they look at you. For instance, the classic “little black dress” provides an excellent backdrop for amazingly complex accent pieces.
When assembling jewelry sets, if you select a petite accent piece for your neckline, be sure to choose equally petite earrings and bracelets to avoid overpowering the necklace. On the other hand, a chunky necklace like Boticca’s unique jewelry can handle strong, dangling earrings and thick bracelets.
When shopping for new fashion necklaces, you don’t have to buy jewelry that exactly matches; simply choose a theme, such as a color or material, and find complementary pieces that follow that theme.
Leave a comment
- Tips to Use Coupons to Save Money on Your Groceries
- Top gifts for gardeners in 2013
- A secure home for a secure family
- What are the risks of not getting enough sleep?
- Flinders Chase National Park promises spectacular scenery and fascinating wildlife
- Rise of the Female Trader
- 5 Wedding Presents Ideas for a Young Couple
- New Wiring Norms For UK Electricians: Your Man Needs to Know This
- Basic tips to pick your gaming room furniture wisely
- Fantastic Hedge Trimmers